There is inherent value in each and every form of original work, and Pabian & Russell’s experienced attorneys advise clients on the benefits of registering and enforcing copyrights to original works of authorship. Our services include:
- Filing copyright applications
- Advice on copyright issues
- Copyright licenses and assignments
What is a Copyright?
A copyright is a form of intellectual property (like patents and trademarks) that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it, usually for a limited time. Copyrights protect a variety of “original works of authorship”. Copyrights give the owner the rights to be credited for the work, to decide who may perform or adapt the work for use in other forms, and who may benefit financially from it.
What Types of Works are Protected?
Copyright protections protect a variety of “original works of authorship” including:
- Literary works
- Musical compositions including accompanying words
- Dramatic works including the accompanying music
- Choreography and pantomimes
- Paintings, drawings, graphics, and photography
- Audiovisual works
- Sound recordings
- Architectural works